beauty blogger

Regrets: Part 1

04:59

Please understand these are my opinions from my experiences and other people's opinions may differ.

1. The Original XO Beauty Brushes


These brushes were priced well enough that I was happy to buy them and pay for shipping. I love Shaaanxo (Shannon Harris) and wanted to support her business, and had only seen good things about the brushes (though I think all of these reviews came from her friends). Not all the brushes are bad, but I think as they are hit and miss, I wouldn't bother trying to guess which would be good as you can only purchase online. 
What I don't like: Upon receiving these brushes (the 12 piece brush set) I was sceptical as to why the brushes felt and looked harsh, with the blending brush looking like it had arrived with half of the hairs already missing. Quite a number of the brushes hurt to use. As in, they are scratchy and harsh. The quality of these brushes is just not worth purchasing, no matter what the price.


Note: XO Beauty has updated their entire brush range since I purchased this set. 



2. Gerard Cosmetics


My original Gerard Cosmetics order arrived with the lipstick already snapped apart from the tube. By simply emailing their customer service with a photo of what it looked like I was simply sent a replacement. The customer service team was happy to fix the problem and this is the only positive I have, besides the shades of the lipsticks.
What I don't like: Though I love the shades of the liquid lipstick and the lipstick, I hate wearing them. The liquid lipstick is hard to describe of how it feels on the lips, but it is uncomfortable, sticky, doesn't have great lasting powder and it doesn't seem to fully dry on the lips. The lipstick is dry and is a struggle to apply. 
Though they're cheap, I wouldn't purchase any other shades from them.



3. Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint


I wanted to love this. The packaging is beautiful. 
What I don't like: Firstly, the price. It isn't cheap and therefore my expectations were higher. But no matter the price, I wouldn't like this product as it sat horribly on my skin and would turn my skin oily by the end of the day (my skin isn't oily!). If you wanted this, get a sample! Don't buy it straight out. Some people will love it and others (like me) will return it (thank you Mecca!). 

You Might Also Like

0 comments