beauty blog

Review: Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation Stick

23:04


I really wanted to love this foundation. This is the first stick foundation I've tried and because of it's claims to be a full coverage, long-wearing foundation stick for the flawless, ultra-perfected complexion you've always dreamed of, I had high expectations. And because of the price, because the price is crazy. But I had seen good reviews, I knew Hourglass is a brand renowned for its quality and being a luxury brand I thought I was going to find a new 'holy grail' foundation. 

Hourglass also claims this foundation is waterproof, lasts 12 hours, has the coverage of a concealer with the fluidity of a foundation and the weightlessness of a powder with undetectable full coverage. 

The foundation applied beautifully and definitely looked flawless, without feeling or looking too heavy. However after only 2 hours of wear I already started looking shiny, and the foundation had already begun to melt around my nose, slightly fade off my chin and just look a lot less 'natural'. I already felt oily and began to think the claims of lasting 12 hours and having a weightless coverage were going to be easily and rapidly disproven. 



When you compare it to other foundation stick prices, Hourglass seems to be the most expensive version with the least amount of product... but you actually need much more product than Hourglass suggests to get that "undetectable" full coverage. When applying, the foundation glides on so easily and smoothly and you don't need an excessive amount, just more than what they recommend... Or maybe I'm just too full on.. But it is a lovely, creamy, pigmented formula. 

Though it looks beautiful in person and in photography to begin with, no matter which powder I tried setting with, the foundation still transferred and still came off in an unflattering, patchy manner. 

Towards the end of the wear the foundation begun to cling in a really unattractive way to my dry patches/breakouts, separate on my chin further and in between my brows too, sink further into my pores and around my nose, and look really oily and slide around my cheeks especially. 

If you can get a sample I highly recommend doing so before committing to this foundation, as since it's release in Australia I've seen a number of reviews similar to mine (my favourite, very in depth review that I've read and has a very similar opinion to mine comes from here). I really wanted to love this foundation and for it to work for me, but unfortunately I'm just not a fan of looking like shit after only a few hours of sitting at home... 

Pictures of wear below (very unedited, please look past my imperfections and focus on how the foundation looks!). Feel free to message me if you want to hear any more! 


First applied - 2 hours wear - 10 hours wear

First applied - 2 hours wear - 10 hours wear

10 hours wear (mmm super flattering photo)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ohhhh I had such high hopes for this foundation, it was/ is on my wish list! xx

    ReplyDelete