beauty

My Favourite Makeup Products of 2015

01:39



I collect makeup. Mainly because I love it and also because I'm obsessed with having new things constantly. I may not see this as a problem until I have 50 cents left in my bank account and I'm hungry, but at least I'll be hungry whilst wearing some beautiful products on my face. I also love changing it up. I don't like wearing the exact same products every day.
So, to share with you some of my go-to's, I've created this list of my favourite and therefore most reached for products of 2015. I have tried to limit each category to a top three, and I know even that is a lot... But I find it really heartbreaking to leave out some products that I do still love... It's like choosing which of my dogs I like more (except obviously I like Mac more... sorry Duncan) but I'm sure you'll forgive me! 


(Duncan left, Mac right)

I've also tried to keep this list "Limited Edition Free" so you are able to go out and actually purchase things if you want to! There are a few exceptions but at the time I posted this they were still available! So without further unnecessary commentary and justifications for my oversized collection, here are my top makeup products of 2015:

Primer - 
Nivea Men sensitive post shave balm (thanks Nikkie tutorials)
Stila one step correct 
Smashbox photofinish primer water

Foundation - 
Favourite is Estée Lauder double wear light. 
Runners up are:
Nars sheer glow 
Too Faced born this way
(Also my favourite tinted moisturizer is the Nars pure radiant)

Concealer -
Urban decay naked skin
Mac pro longwear  
It Cosmetics bye bye under eye 

Setting powder -
Mac mineralize skinfinish 
Nars loose translucent crystal light reflecting 
Australis fresh and flawless 
(I really want to try the Laura Mercier loose setting powder)

Contour -
Kat Von D shade and light is my number 1. 
Too Faved cocoa contour is nice too, although the highlight shade I don't like and never use. 

Bronzer -
Chanel soleil tan de Chanel
Benefit hoola 
Nars Laguna

Blush - 
Mac well dressed 
Mac warm soul 
Too Faced love flush

Highlighter -
Becca X Jaclyn Hill Champagne pop is my all time favourite by so far. 
The new Mac iridescent highlighter in sparkling rose from the new faerie whispers collection (LE I think but available now), The Balm Mary Loumanizer 
Mac soft and gentle

Eyeshadow -
Makeup geek shadows are the bomb (I only have a few and really want more, they're so nice) 
Stila eyes are the window palette 
I also love the Nars single shadow in the shade New York (so pretty on blue eyes) 

Mascara - 
Benefit they're real 
Chanel volume de Chanel
(Love/Hate relationship with Too Faced better than sex.. some days it's great and others I don't like it!) 

Eyeliner -
I don't use often & am pretty dodgy but Mac fluidline gel eye liner is pretty much the only one I've tried that I don't just remove and give up! 
Smashbox always sharp in bare for my waterline (to open up my eyes) 
Mac one in my tight line 

Brows -
Hourglass arch brow sculpting 
Maybelline brow satin 
Loreal brow artist plumper 

Lipsticks - 
Mac are always just my go-to. They have such a wide selection and so many of my favourite shades are Mac. I barely touch my others (very bad of me) 
Liquid lipsticks -
The new Mac ones are good! 
Stila stay all day 
Jeffree star
Lip liners -
Mac pro longwear lip pencils

Setting spray -
Urban decay all nighter 
Mac fix plus

Etc- 
Mac strobe cream is so good for so many things 
Hourglass ambient lighting palette is really nice for a natural luminous finish 

If you have any questions let me know, though you're probably sick of reading things I've written by now. I would love to hear your favourites, and if any of our favourites are the same! If you want me to elaborate on any favourites (reasons why I like what I do) let me know. 
If you would like me to do some brush favourites too I could, though I don't have as many holy grails. I'm always wanting to try more in the search of the perfect ones (so suggestions are welcome)! 




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I just read through all your points and you're just so witty I ADORE your blog!! I noticed your blog is fairly new, as is mine, so it would be cool if we were internet friends and helped each other out with questions like formatting and what not! Im here if you need me :)- granted that is if I can figure out how to help!! Have a great day! i love your blog, keep posting :) xx
    Bissera @
    http://beautybarchat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete