beauty

My Skincare MVP's

22:35

There is nothing worse than hating your skin. I've hated my skin for many years and envied the girls who have clear, beautiful skin and walk around confidently with a bare face. Maybe my love for chocolate doesn't help my case, but I was unhappy with my skin until recently. 

I was sent some products from Real-U Australia and noticed an incredibly pleasing difference in my skin. My spots cleared up, my skin felt softer and hydrated. My favourite product is the gentle foaming wash. I took it away with me recently and in my laziness (don't judge) it took me a week to unpack my toiletries bag fully. In my week without using the foaming wash my skin started breaking out a little and until I realised why, I was so confused. I've almost finished the foaming wash and I will definitely be purchasing a replacement as it is an essential in my skincare routine. 

 

Before I started using my Real-U products I sent my friend a picture of my makeup-free face wearing just a new lipstick I'd purchased that she wanted to see. She replied saying how she was jealous of my skin to which I sent her the picture on the left (below) telling her she was crazy. The picture on the right (the after) was taken less than one month after using all of the Real-U products. What's left was mainly scaring (don't pop your pimples kids!!) but it is a face I am confident to walk around with without makeup on. 


Recently I purchased a few products from the Manuka Doctor ApiClear skincare range (thanks to Shaaanxo (if you don't watch her YouTube yet you need to start!)). I've added into my skincare routine (and now I can't go without them) the purifying facial peel, the purifying facial scrub and the moisturising lotion. I prefer to wear this moisturiser during the day under makeup and the Real-U moisturiser at night to bed. The facial peel is a fun (well I love it) mask that clears dead skin cells and purifies your pores. I find the scrub a gentle yet effective exfoliator that leaves my skin smooth.


On days I've worn makeup I always cleanse my skin with my Real-U cleanser and my Clarasonic as it is much more effective in actually getting into my pores and effectively cleaning my skin of every last bit of makeup. I love to double cleanse to make sure my skin is perfectly clean and always start with Palmer's facial cleansing oil which even removes waterproof mascara. 

On days I haven't worn make up I still cleanse my skin but I have started doing so with my Lune beauty sponge. My skin has never been softer since using the activated charcoal infused sponge! 

On my pimples my holy grail spot treatment would be the Marion Badescu drying lotion. It works wonders overnight, and I always always see a difference. 

Before this post is a novel I'll finish here, but if you'd like to hear about my lip care (especially post matte liquid lipstick), favourite face masks or a review on what I've been using to grow my eyelashes let me know! If you have any questions feel free to contact me. xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments